When it comes to lawn care, there are many different types of grasses that you can have in your yard. Some people prefer to have a certain type of grass because it is easy to take care of while others want a specific type of grass because it looks good. There are many different types of reel mowers on the market and each type of grass will determine which kind of mower is best for you.
Bermuda grass, in particular, can be very difficult to maintain if you don’t have the right type of mower. This type of grass grows quickly and spreads easily, making it important to keep up with regular maintenance tasks such as trimming and edging.
If you have a lawn with Bermuda grass, then you know that this type of grass can be tough to mow. You need a special kind of reel mower designed to handle this tough grass. In this article, we will review the best reel mowers for Bermuda grass and help you choose the right one for your lawn.
Top 5 Best Reel Mower for Bermuda Grass Reviews & Comparison
#1. Great States Push Reel Lawn Mower
- The Great States motor-less lawnmower with an adjustable cutting height of 0.5"-2.75" for a clean, even cut
- 18" cutting width 5-blade manual push mower with 5-blade ball-bearings, and 10" composite wheels
- Push mower blades are made of high-quality alloy steel that stay sharp longer
- Loop-style lawnmower handle with cushioned grips for comfort and maneuverability; Easy to assemble without special tools
- Planet-friendly and quiet motorless lawn mower design that is low-maintenance
The Great States 815-18, one of the best reel mower for bermuda grass, is a lightweight reel mower that is extremely easy to use, push and that offers clean and precise cuttings in the mowing of bermuda grasses.
It features 5 blades that make it effective in cutting most of the grass types and giving your yard a uniform look in the process. It also has a cutting width of 18 inches that ensures that more grass is mown in less time.
- Classic Scotts 20 inch push no-motor manual reel rotary lawn mower features 20" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" dual tracking wheels
- Quick-snap 1"-3" cutting height adjustment for a clean, even cut every time with this Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower
- Blades on the Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- Ergonomic handle with cushioned grip for comfort when using the Scotts 20 inch 5-blade manual hand push no-motor reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Lightweight and easy to operate; This engine-free, no-motor, classic manual reel hand push lawn mower requires no gas or oil
The Scotts 2000-20 push reel lawnmower has a higher cutting width than most other reel lawn mowers, with a cutting width of 20 inches. This translated to more work done in less time. This manual push mower features 10 inch diameter wheels that make the lawnmower easy to move and push.
- 5-Blade reel with a cutting width of 16” and durable 10” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability
- Mechanical lawn mower with an adjustable blade height of 1”-2.5” with scissor action cut
- Manual grass cutter blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years
- Environment-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers which is pollution-free and noise-free; Low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use
- Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall
This easy to use, easy to set up and user-friendly lawn mower has made it in our best reel mower for bermuda grass list. It has 5 high-qality blades and a 16 inch cutting width. It mows grass from anywhere between half to two and a quarter inches of grass height.
- Quality Yardcare Tools: Designed to help you take back your yard, Fiskars lawn and gardening tools are equipped with smart technologies and award-winning, ergonomic features that make it easier and more enjoyable to transform your outdoor space.
- Advanced Technology for best-in-class cutting performance: The InertiaDrive Reel boasts twice the cutting power of standard reel mowers, while the StaySharp Cutting System eliminates the cost and inconvenience of manual blade sharpening.
- Superior Ergonomics: Reversible grass chute can direct clippings away from your feet making it easier to mow tough patches while limiting messiness. One-touch handle height adjustment enhances your comfort and control.
- Ideal for eco-friendly cutting of all grass types: Can even cut tough southern varieties like St. Augustine, Zoysia, Bahia and Bermuda. No gas, oil, charging or cords required like a gas or electric lawn mower.
- Includes 1 Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower with 18” cutting width. VersaCut technology offers cut height settings from 1"-4" to mow all types of grass cleanly. Limited 3 year warranty.
This lawn mower is one of the very best reel mower for bermuda grass currently available in the market. With cutting-edge technologies in the development of the blades and the wheels, there is hardly the chance to do better than this lawn mower.
With a cutting width of 18 inches, it is adequate for any light or medium weight lawn mowing.
The last one in our best reel mower for bermuda grass list is Remington RM3100. This Remington RM3100 manual reel mower with a cutting width of 18 inches is user friendly, ergonomic, easy to use and easy to use. It offers easy cutting with a 5 blade system:
Best Reel Mowers for Bermuda Grass Buyer’s Guide
A top rated reel mower is as important to your yard and the overall health of it, as are the grasses growing in your yard. It is not just enough to have an idea of what a best powered reel mower does, it is also equally important that you understand why you need a reel lawn mower, when you need it and how to go about getting one.
Lawn mowers that run on gas are difficult to use. Apart from the fact that they contribute immensely towards the increase in the rate of air pollution and toxic fumes, they also produce ear-splitting noise that only a few people can put up with.
Before going on a shopping hunt for a power reel mower or a cheap reel mower, these are some of the things that you need to know:
Any number from three to seven is ideal for a top rated reel mower. When buying the reel mower, it is important that you bear in mind the number of blades that it has, which in turn depends on the kind of grass that you intend to mow.
The average number of blades is 5. But a general rule is that: the tougher the grass that you want to mow, the higher the number of sharp blades that your best powered reel mower should have.
The cutting width of a reel lawn mower varies from mower to mower. On average, its cutting width are in the range of 16 to 22 inches and sometimes even more.
The bigger the cutting width of a reel lawn mower, the less time you spend using the mower because it cuts more in less time. For homeowners with a large yard, garden or lawn, it is advised that they purchase reel mowers with bigger cutting widths.
Since a power reel mower does not run on gas or any electric motors, the power that runs them is provided by you, the user. Reel mowers cut grass by the action of the push that you as the user exert on them.
In simpler words, the more a reel lawn mower is pushed, the more grass it cuts. It is therefore imperative that a lawn mower is not too heavy that it cannot be pushed comfortably and with convenience.
It is best to buy a lawnmower that can be easily pushed so that it can cut grass efficiently and effortlessly.
Cheap reel mower is available everywhere, and with whatever amount you have and can afford, you are sure to get a cheap reel mower that is as quality as can be expected. It is advisable not to spend too much on a reel mower than you should.
There are some additional features that you need to look out for when buying a best reel mower for bermuda grass. Some of these features include heights that can be adjusted, collection bag for grass clippings and adjustable mowing heights for grass.
Padded grips also make lawn mowing easier and they have added features that you should look out for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LAWN MOWERS
Q: Why is a reel mower better than a gas powered mower?
Ans: Astronomical levels of carbon monoxide are emitted by gas lawn mowers. They produce a lot of toxic fumes that are detrimental to the health of the user as well as that of the environment. Apart from that, they constitute a lot of noise pollution that the user as well as neighbours may find offensive.
Q: Why is a reel lawn mower better for my lawn?
Ans: Reel mowers have a better cutting method, and are more advantageous for the overall health of the grass. Reel lawn mowers cut like a pair of scissors and they cut cleanly, accurately and gently. And they do not at all constitute a disturbance to the natural growth patterns of the grass.
Q: How does a reel mower cut differently from a rotary mower?
Ans: Reel mowers cut grass cleanly, accurately and gently, and they do not disturb the growth patterns of the mown grass. A rotary lawn mower, on the other hand, works by releasing a vertical suction force that sucks in all the grass and then chops them off with the blade. This action disturbs the natural growth patterns of the grass and more often than not results in drying out and browning lawn.
Q: What is the best reel lawn mower brand?
Ans: Fiskars, Scotts, Geenworks, Great states, American reel mower etc are few of the best reel mower brands.
Of all the reel mowers considered in this reel mower reviews, the one that most catches our attention and gets our seal of best reel mower for bermuda grass is the Fiskars 362050-1001 Reel Mower.
It is the best reel lawn mower and my recommendation. It has been developed with cutting edge technology, is user-friendly and has a lot of great features that you as a homeowner or user will find very attractive.
In addition to its great construction and ton of extra features, it is also highly durable, sturdy and long-lasting. It is ergonomic, is adaptable, can be customized to fit the preferences of every individual user.
It is light in weight and can be used easily by anyone, even women and teenagers. It also has a technology that makes sure it mows even when pulled backwards. With these features then, the Fiskars 362050-1001 Reel Mower has our strong and expert recommendation.